Reporting concerns about street crises and conditions:

Call 911 if there is an emergency:

  • Fire
  • Weapons, violence, making threats, aggressive behavior, destructive behavior (going into traffic, dangerously climbing structures)
  • Illegal, criminal activity, crimes in progress
  • Medical emergencies
  • An acute behavioral health crisis or overdose
  • For Adults: The first responder may be a non-law enforcement or street crisis team depending on call/incident details.

Contact 311 for concerns related to street conditions:

  • Tents, structures, encampments
  • Abandoned RV/vehicle or shopping carts
  • Graffiti, trash, debris, human or animal waste
  • Medical waste (You can also contact: SF Aids Foundation, Syringe Disposal – (415) 801-1337)

Access 311 online:


Mobile App

Call the non-emergency number at (415) 553-0123) for the following concerns:

  • Encampment in a vehicle
  • Noise complaints and loitering
  • People, structures, or encampments blocking entrances to property (residences, businesses) or blocking safe and full access to sidewalks and other public spaces for people with disabilities, in violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).

If you are experiencing homelessness and need help, call SFHOT:

  • The SF Homeless Outreach Team can be reached at 628-652-8000.
  • SFHOT is a bridge to shelter, housing resources, and other support services.